PROBLEMS WITH A WET CRAWLSPACE IN MARION & FORT WAYNE, IN
Many homes in Indiana have problems with wet crawlspaces. If a
crawlspace is wet and has a great deal of moisture in it, it can cause
a number of problems in the basement and throughout the entire home, including mold and mildew, poor air quality, wood rot, insect infestations, and higher energy bills. Some signs that
you are having issues with a wet crawlspace include the following:
- Mold and mildew - They grow best in a dark, moist environment.
- Musty odors - This indicates you've got poor air quality which may cause problems with allergies and asthma.
- High humidity - This causes many problems, including higher energy bills.
- Insect infestations - Earwigs, silverfish, centipedes, and termites love a dark, moist environment. So do the spiders that prey on them.
- Rotting wooden supports - These are caused by wood rot which thrives in moist air. If not corrected, this may lead to damaged floors and potential structural collapse.
- Rusting metal - Moist air and condensation on metal surfaces leads to development of rust. This negatively affects the heating/cooling equipment in your basement and structure of your home.
If you are experiencing any of these problems in your home, basement, or
crawlspace, call the professionals at McAtee Foundation Solutions (MFS)
to inspect your crawlspace and eliminate your wet crawlspace problems to avoid damage to your Indiana home.
Crawlspace Encapsulation in Indiana
MFS has solutions for keeping your crawlspace dry. We
offer crawlspace encapsulation using a vapor barrier manufactured by Earth Contact Products (ECP)
. ECP is a US manufacturer of the best crawlspace encapsulation and repair products in the industry. Crawlspace vapor barriers reduce energy costs and
protect against moisture, mold, radon, insects, and wood rot. Crawlspace encapsulation provides a clean storage environment. Our vapor barriers are 10 to 16 mm thick and are puncture-resistant.
They surround the entire crawlspace and keeps moisture out. MFS also provides exterior drainage systems
water from entering the crawlspace in the first place.
CALL MFS TO SOLVE YOUR CRAWLSPACE PROBLEMS
To solve problems caused by a wet crawlspace, the
professionals at McAtee Foundation Solutions are happy to come out and offer you the best and
most cost-effective solution for your wet crawlspace. We will inspect
your crawlspace and give you a free estimate. Contact us